Transcelestial: Precision Optics Engineer
Do you think shooting lasers in Outer Space is cool? So do we!
That’s why at Transcelestial, we are creating the first space laser network made of a constellation of satellites to transfer data using proprietary laser technology. This is the fastest (up to 100 Gbps) long-distance point-to-point wireless communications network possible.
Our work at Transcelestial helps us to solve a pressing global problems, while allowing us to work with cutting edge space and satellite technology at the same time. Literally redefining the rules for 21st century communications!
- Develop cutting-edge ground and space based optical systems
- Design and development from concept stage to mass production
- Work in collaboration with mechanical engineers, control engineers, product designers and the manufacturing team to design best-in-class, groundbreaking optical communication systems
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Physics, Optics, Mechanical Engineering or related technical disciplines with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- STOP Analysis of precision optics systems
- Optical simulation tools such as Zemax, CODE V; Basic CAD knowledge
- Athermal Optics
- Precision optomechanical tolerancing and performance analyses for scalable manufacturing
- Precision optics manufacturing processes including design optimized costing
- Geometrical and physical optics, radiometry and lens systems design
- Assembly and measurement techniques for precision optical systems
If you enjoy working on challenging, ground-breaking ideas while working in a highly dynamic and innovative environment, you must definitely join us! Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- We are located in the city center!
- Amazing in-house coffee
- Flexible work hours