PetCircle: VP Business Management & Direct Response Marketing
This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a General Management career at Pet Circle because you will obtain experience and build skills that will position you to take on senior leadership positions within Pet Circle.
In this role you will lead two key teams that underpin growth at Pet Circle - Direct Response Marketing and Business Management (Category Managementt Team).
This role requires a leader who can align external supplier partners and cross-functional internal teams to deliver robust and sustainable growth for Pet Circle and our partners. You will partner with key internal stakeholders such as, product management, inventory planning, pricing, Supply chain, brand marketing, customer experience and online merchandising to achieve your goals. You will achieve this while running the day-to-day business and adding to the larger team's development.
In this role you will be tasked with building a strong growth foundation for Pet Circle. You will achieve this by ensuring the Business Management and Direct Response marketing teams - both under your control - are working aligned and focused on delivering profitable growth. You will set strategy, drive execution and ensure insights are captured and systematically fed back into the optimization of the growth cycle.
As a Leader Within Growth Team You Will:
- Develop and implement category and direct acquisition strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals including marketing and measures of success. In collaboration with the senior team, build, iterate and improve the core growth models that form the growth foundation at Pet Circle.
- Build profitable relationships with existing suppliers and execute negotiations to secure best pricing, sales programs, and promotional support.
- Identify expansion and optimisation opportunities (by product, category, supplier, channel, acquisition funnel, conversion funnel etc.) to accelerate profitable growth within the Business Mgt and Direct Response Marketing areas.
- Advance catalogue expansion, including the identification of selection gaps, the prioritisation of new item production, and the development of relationships with new, target suppliers.
- Collaborate across departments to drive business goals (departments include Promotions & Email Planning, Retention, Site Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Product Management, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Analyse data to strategise profit growth opportunities for the each of our categories and for specific supplier partners Partner closely with senior leaders to develop and enhance the Pet Circle brand, site, and competitive positioning
- Analyse competitors' marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Lead 4-10 individuals; train, develop and mentor associates and first-time managers
- Lead process improvements across the business
- Use technology to enhance business goals / customer experience
- Work tradeshows to visit key suppliers
You're a Great Fit If You Have:
- 7+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, ecommerce, corporate strategy or retail environment
- A solid understanding of marketing, conversion funnels, eCommerce analytics & growth models strongly desired
- An MBA or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against daring targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated experience using mathematical modelling techniques (e.g. stochastic, linear etc) in a business context
- Undergraduate degree in a hard science like: Applied Math, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics or an equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners; particularly adept at telling stories with data
- Analytical thinking and looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Strong demonstrated team player in prior roles
- Persuasive and articulate communication skills with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- The ability to add immediate value- a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Lead and prioritise projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- A consistent track record of leadership and taking ownership that leads to exceptional results
- A process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
Why Work with Pet Circle?
- Work with one of Australia's top 5 Online retailers.
- You will get a unique opportunity to solve unsolved problems, collaborate and innovate with peers in the worlds best eCommerce companies via the Pet Circle network.
- You will get the chance to be part of the team that redefines an industry - if this sounds like you, let us know!
- Enjoy being part of a dynamic team with an energetic culture that values decision-makers and action.
- Enjoy solid career progression in the continuously growing e-commerce industry while working alongside top-notch e-commerce professionals (the best in their field!) in a nurturing, yet fun & dynamic environment.
- Get the value of working with a great company without working for a big company (not just yet!) - thus you're able to enjoy and see the impact you make.
- Last but not least, a cool office in the heart of Sydney CBD and plenty of wicked social events - from dining in some of the best restaurants in Sydney, to party cruises to karaoke nights, and many more!