Secure Code Warrior: Marketing Manager, APAC
We’re seeking an experienced and innovative Marketing Manager, APAC to join our Global Marketing Team to lead and execute our APAC regional marketing strategy for Secure Code Warrior’s security platform. You’ll be responsible for creating the narrative and programs of SCW business platform across APAC and in partnership with regional sales teams and our future in-country marketers. You’ll use your expertise to define and drive our marketing strategy for APAC, and then execute on that. This person will leverage communication skills, have an eye for visually powerful communication, and the ability to work across a broad range of marketing programs + projects to collaborate with product marketers, country marketing managers and sales leaders - spreading the love from Australia & New Zealand, out to Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan and China. We’re currently in hyper growth mode and you’ll need to combine strategic-thinking, creativity, digital expertise, and a hands-on approach to successfully execute on high-impact, scalable ideas, and campaigns. This role is part of our Global Marketing team and is a full-time role based in our Sydney office.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be a critical component of our marketing team, driving growth within APAC and reporting into our CMO while operating alongside a team across our 3 regions EMEA, APAC, & the US. You’ll be well-versed in all aspects of the design and execution of our sales and go-to-market strategy, whilst building a strong regional operating rhythm of planning, execution, and performance.
- Partner with our Sydney-based regional sales team to build, lead, and execute integrated marketing programs across APAC.
- Develop inbound and outbound marketing strategies and materials to support product launches, educate partners, and drive adoption of SCW’s platform - including targeted content, social, event, and email marketing.
- Manage and monitor the process flow of marketing leads to sales.
- Partner with the sales team and marketing team to implement processes for effective lead management and follow-up.
- Produce and localize innovative and creative content, marketing programs that build our brand in the region.
- Synthesize complex product features into compelling stories and user narratives.
- Identify trends and insights from both campaign and customer data, and then optimize programs and spend based on your findings.
- Partner with cross-functional counterparts of our Global Marketing and Sales leaders to align strategy, programs, messaging and resources.
- Collaborate effectively with a small global marketing team to build and contribute towards fantastic marketing programs that drive our growth and keep us running fast.
What You Bring
- 5-8 years of marketing experience of diverse experience in developing and executing marketing programs, including demand generation and field marketing.
- Proven experience of working across the APAC regions.
- Demonstrated experience working with Sales teams - did they love you?
- Strong storytelling skills and experience with running projects with cross-functional and distributed teams.
- A wheelhouse of marketing experience: with a variety of demand generation approaches: digital, social, events, inbound, account-based marketing, etc.
- A familiarity with marketing automation platforms like Marketo.
- A data-driven, analytical, and fact-based approach to making business recommendations and decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: the ability to speak knowledgeably, clearly and persuasively to a diverse range of audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Marketing or a related discipline
- Creative Capability – to devise innovative campaign ideas
- Fluency in either Mandarin, Cantonese or Japanese.
- Experience in cybersecurity, AppSec or DevSecOps space.
- Experience in a global and fast growing startup.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Demonstrated leadership; you’ve done this before + have the ability to execute at scale in program and partnership management.
- An impeccable eye for detail, especially while juggling multiple projects and priorities that are often shifting.
- A creative and strategic builder of programs that address challenges that span business, culture and industry.
- A natural relationship manager, using your skills and ability to work well within a diverse team as well as representing a global program.
- Proven ability to influence others.
- Open, collaborative, and proven team player.