Thematic: DevOps and AWS Infrastructure Engineer
We are Thematic, a fast growing SaaS company with offices in Auckland and San Francisco, backed by top-tier VCs and Silicon Valley angels. Thematic analyzes customer feedback to tell companies how they can increase customer satisfaction and loyalty using world-class AI algorithms. We have big name customers in 6 countries who love what we do.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps and Infrastructure Specialist to help our product get to the next level.
Reporting to the CTO, you’ll work closely with the rest of the engineering team to design, build and run our infrastructure and processes. This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup and to take on a critical role in the release of a high-quality SaaS product.
What you will be responsible for:
- Create, maintain, and track tools that monitor and profile our services and processes.
- Be part of product development team implementing and deploying new features.
- Develop and manage systems that process large amounts of data every day.
What you will bring to the table:
- 5 or more years of experience with languages such as Python and Rust
- Production Environment: Docker, Linux, Amazon EC2, Cloudformation
- Experience building scaleable and highly-available web services
What you might have, although it's not required:
- Databases and Messaging: Postgres, DynamoDB
- DevOps tools: Git, Jenkins
- Experience with compliance such as SOC2 and security reviews
- Taking pride in producing innovative, high quality products.
- Ability and desire to experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Great teamwork skills and a good sense of humour.
Thematic is currently a team of 15 but growing quickly. The position is full time permanent, based at our HQ in Auckland CBD.
You will be working with world-class founders:
- Alyona has a PhD in NLP and Machine Learning with an international reputation, and has worked for companies like Google and Cisco.
- Nathan is ex-Chief Architect at Serato, where he built software used by millions of paid users.
- Your work will have a major impact on the direction of the product and team.
- Flexible working hours
- If needed, remote work from home office
- Weekly paid team lunch
- Annual Company retreats (past locations included Hawaii)
- Paid trainings at conferences such as SaaStr, CXPA’s Insight Exchange, Gainsight’s Pulse, Webstock and SmashingConf
- Fantastic career growth and learning opportunity with an exciting company
There is plenty of scope for this role, and it could grow in any number of directions depending on where you excel, where you end will be up to you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.