Transcelestial: Business Development Lead
Today, developing countries in Asia and the most remote regions across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
This pressing global issue cannot be adequately resolved with last century’s cable and satellite technology. Transcelestial uses laser technology to accurately create the fastest network on earth and in space. This technology propels connectivity and access to be 1000x faster than what is available today. This is achieved by harnessing light to transfer and relay data at up to 100 Gbps within a network.
What if you could really change the future?
In the next 3 years, Transcelestial will design and power a constellation of nano satellites for terrestrial, satellite and deep space applications. Perhaps, one day soon it will even be possible to send — and receive - information that reaches Alpha Centauri.
Transcelestial is creating the world’s first ever, super fast space laser network. This is a focused team of highly talented Engineers and Research Scientists. Currently in seed stage.
Be a part of our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilization communicates!
SPACE LASER COMMUNICATIONS - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEAD
Main responsibility is to identify the product-market fit within various industry and geographical verticals while driving direct and channel sales for our initial terrestrial laser communication technology called CENTAURI 1.0, currently under development, capable of delivering 10s of Gbps of connectivity over a few kilometers as well as our space laser network in the future. This is the fastest wireless technology on the planet.
This is the first business development hire for our team.
In the short term (next 6-12 months):
- Deliver clarity on product-market fit for the terrestrial wireless laser communications market (i.e. markets, geographies, margins, sales strategy and channels)
- Design the right interviewing and information extraction survey kit for current and future customers. This allows us to understand exactly the right metrics and motivation for that use case.
- Help in estimating pricing for our solution within the product-market fit identified
- Start attending customer/partner meetings with the founders and building relationships with existing and new customers. The focus on relationships will be to support various verticals and convert them to leads.
- Plug into our specialized partner network (system integrators, ex-telecom specialists, investor network and contract business development advisors) and actively expand it.
- Own and assist in developing a Partner Programme which allows us to standardize Terms of Engagement with sales channels and other commercial partners globally.
- Commercial Kit development (whitepapers, master slides, training material for other incoming BD/sales team, CRM and metric tracking for BD/sales)
- Represent Transcelestial at conferences, meetups and other places alongwith the founders.
In the long term (next 12 - 24 months) :
- Develop an aggressive, strategic roadmap on revenue growth and action plan to hit it - both for our terrestrial and space connectivity business.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan on structuring the business development and sales organization, from within, to hit the above plan
- Work with the founders and the talent lead on hiring strategy for the business organization
- Assist directly and actively in future fundraising
- Project financial needs for the organization’s growth and business execution.
- Completely own and be responsible for business verticals and sales approach.
- Build strong and deep brand value within the market, working very closely with the PR, Marketing & Content (PMC) lead
- Amazing hustler with an ability to instinctively understand customer’s motivation
- Demonstrated a successful track record of at least 3-5 years in identifying key business opportunities and executing a go-to-market strategy within that
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in TMT Sales, Business Development or Strategy within Asia or Globally
- Experience with any of the following specialized areas - satellite connectivity, enterprise connectivity, leased line connectivity, local loop connectivity
- Experience with any of the following specialized industries - Telco, ISP, Ports, Financial Networks, Oil & Gas, Government, Media and Entertainment, Gaming, Data Center.
- Instinct and track record of closing B2B deals
Transcelestial is working on creating a better connection for everyone on this planet, and we apply many of the same values in accomplishing that end to supporting all our team members at work, and beyond.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- We have flexible work hours
- Comprehensive and best in industry health plans
- A monthly book and hobby fund that makes sure our team enjoys their time out of work
- We try to ensure that a percentage of time at work can be used experimentally to create things needed in space ... for the next 100 years!
- Support is provided for global relocation to our Singapore office