Brighte - Chief Marketing Officer
Brighte is Australia’s leading point of sale finance platform for solar, batteries & home improvements (a $15bn - $30bn p.a.) market opportunity. In a short 2.5 years, over 3,500 sales agents have chosen to use Brighte’s affordable payment options to close their sales enabling over 28,000 Australian families to access sustainable and comfortable homes. We continue to expand into exciting new products and channels that support vendors and their customers in the energy & home improvement industries, and we have only just started on what we want to achieve.
Brighte is backed by Airtree Ventures, Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Investments as well as Kim Jackson and Scott Farquhar's Skip Capital.
We're recognised as one of Australia's leading fintech companies by the Australian Financial Review, Fintech Business Awards and KPMG & H2 Ventures in their Fintech 100 list.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced and ‘hands on’ CMO – a new role that will report directly to the Founder and CEO. The right candidate will have a proven track record of driving revenue and business growth and will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Brighte is primarily a B2B business however has a growing B2C customer base, the candidate will work across both channels and be responsible for customer acquisition, activation and retention as well as digital, marketing analytics, social media, brand, web, product marketing, content and strategic partnerships.
- Lead, manage and scale our small but growing marketing team
- Set Brighte’s marketing strategy and tactical plans transitioning the growth and marketing functions from early stage testing phases to fully scaled, optimised channel investment
- Partner closely with Sales to achieve bold revenue targets
- Work collaboratively across functional teams including Sales, Product, Tech and Data to drive and deliver on growth objectives, product marketing, funnel optimisation and other strategic business objectives
- Oversee and drive growth across all stages of the funnel including lead generation, acquisition, onboarding, activation, engagement, retention and revival
- Experience working across multiple channels including content marketing, social media, direct mail, events, online and direct communications engagement
- Own the P&L for the full funnel including being proficient in optimising metrics such CAC and unit cost economics • Strengthen Brighte’s brand and positioning including the development of a clear, consistent brand identity and executing this across all channels and materials
- Development of razor-sharp insights on our customer base, competitors and industry and ability to communicate these within the business to drive outcomes
- Support and input into investor and corporate communications
- Ensure success of targeted public relations and communications activities
- Participate and present in Board meetings and Leadership Team
- A CMO with 15+ years in marketing including 4+ years of experience in senior marketing leadership and growth roles (CMO or similar roles)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Deep experience in scaling high growth businesses
- Resourceful and ability to achieve desired outcomes with smaller budgets, resources and short turnaround times. Awareness that velocity may be greater than accuracy in some situations and proven ability to execute
- Data driven and proven ability to analyse metrics and develop strategies to drive growth and optimise funnel based on metrics
- Experience managing P&L and budgets and ability to optimise for outcomes
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product marketing, lead generation and nurturing, digital / social media marketing etc.)
- Deeply respected people manager who loves getting the best out of their teams
- Extensive experience in tech product marketing
- Strategic communication ability – incl. PR, product messaging, marketing communications
- Understanding and experience of business platforms and how they can be integrated for growth, including marketing automation, CRM, finance, customer support
- An energetic executive who leads with considered intellect, immense curiosity, high integrity and self-awareness
- Experience and understanding of B2B, fintech, merchant services, credit/lending seen as a strong positive
- Experience in Salesforce, Pardot, Confluence, Google Analytics, Tableau, Google Tag Manager and automation tools