Xplor - Account Executive
Take a seat on the Xplor rocket ship and join us in our mission to change education around the world. We’re a rapidly growing startup looking for a Sales Team Lead to help us grow our impact in the lives of children and their families in Australia.
Our software has revolutionised the day to day operations of childcare centres. By automating administration we make it possible for teachers, educators and parents to focus on a child’s education.
We are a Series B funded, fast growing startup with over 60 employees currently based in Melbourne, Australia and expanding into the UK in 2019 as we continue on our journey to make education great around the world.
Your impact as an Account Executive
As an Account Executive, you will help us reach company sales targets and contribute to our growth by delivering product demos to potential clients, and managing the sales process through to close. Your day to day will also include things like:
- Speak to potential clients from all over Australia and deliver high impact product demonstrations, primarily via screen sharing and video
- Understand customer pain points of running a childcare business, and map those to the unique value that the Xplor platform provides
- Decipher customer objectives and use these to create a structured and well-executed sales strategy and demos
- Manage a pipeline of new business from qualified leads from our outbound sales team
- Track activities in our CRM (Salesforce) for accurate sales metrics and a smooth transition for customers to the Onboarding team
- Many other things - you might need to help with an event, go see a client onsite, or pitch in with other parts of the sales process. We’re a startup so no two days are the same, seriously!
Talents you bring to the team
- You bring 2-5 years experience in a new business development role, ideally selling software into SMEs
- You have a successful track record in growing pipelines, delivering predictable results, are able to consistently close sales
- Naturally flourish in a fast paced, high pressure environment where you constantly need to adapt and learn
- Self-motivated, independent, with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Passion for technology, startups, or education and desire to work in a growing business
- Our Core Values hit home for you: Be Humble, Obsess Over Customers, Think Deeply Move Quickly, and Embrace Change
What it means to work on the Xplor rocket
We offer various benefits, though lots of companies offer those, too. What else we offer is more rare: to be a part of redefining the education sector and a chance to make a real impact every day you come to work.
Some of those competitive benefits we mentioned:
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn, with accelerated career development for high performers
- You will be given autonomy, trust and responsibility as you help shape the future of the business with us
- Spend your days in an open plan warehouse style office with music, a gong, and nearly always a sugary treat nearby
- 10 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave benefit
- Discounts to study an MBA in Innovation and Leadership
- Plenty of rocket-related puns, of course!
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board? To apply, please submit your CV and a brief covering letter and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
Individuals seeking employment at Xplor are considered without regards to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please also note that successful candidates will need to obtain a Working With Children Check as part of their employment.