:Different: Marketing Leader
At :Different, we’re rebuilding property management to make it an amazing consumer experience for owners and tenants.
That’s why we’re hiring a Marketing leader. This role requires every ounce of your considerable marketing experience.
Leading marketing across Australia (and beyond), you’ll be working directly with our co-founders, one who’s been the Global Head of Product Management at Uber, and has experience working at such great companies as Google and Goldman Sachs. The other co-founder was a former Principal at Google and ex Softbank and BCG. Our lead investor is Airtree Ventures, and we’re also backed by Silicon Valley heavyweight venture funds, and local real estate titans.
You’ll own the user acquisition P&L, and a 7-figure budget. We’re asking people to trust us with their most valuable investment. So you’ll need to be strategic and think full funnel. This is not about slapping a coupon code on the website. To succeed, you’ll need to reach consumers through multiple touchpoints and with multiple messages to tell our story throughout the customer journey.
You’ll work closely with our growth, engineering, design and product teams to design new marketing communications and product marketing strategies. You’ll have access to the latest tools technologies and platforms, plus the budget to bring those ideas into fruition, but you’ll need to be deeply data-driven, because analytics is at the core of everything we do.
We’re a startup, and operate at a very fast pace. You’ll need you to be comfy with getting your hands dirty. Some days, you’ll be defining a high-level strategy, and other days you’ll be rolling up your sleeves in Adwords or Facebook, to firefight and direct partners and contractors.
- Develop THE vision and strategy for marketing based on the company’s growth plan, and recruit and direct agency, full-time and contract resources (where applicable) to execute on that vision.
- Oversee and drive growth across all stages of the funnel, lead generation, conversion, retention and referrals. Partner closely with sales to achieve bold revenue targets
- Work with engineering, product and design to create powerful referral programs
- Manage our owner acquisition infrastructure, process, and tools that enable us to deploy capital as effectively as possible.
- Ideate and execute creative digital and offline campaigns that speak to investment property owners.
- Develop and execute a holistic content strategy
- Identify the highest impact testing opportunities; prioritise, execute, track results and iterate
- Select and manage agencies and partners to monitor, optimise, and report the performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis. If things aren’t going as you expect, you’ll need to get your hands dirty and make sure marketing is hitting its numbers.
- Partner with product and technology teams to lead product marketing initiatives
- 7+ years of marketing experience in a consumer space
- Experience managing agencies, contractors and junior employees in a marketing context
- Deep knowledge of the mobile and desktop advertising space, as well as experience with offline strategies
- You need to be able to look at a complex dataset, distill the key insights, identify implications for the business and report concisely and clearly back to the team so analytical experience is critical (e.g., early strategy consulting experience like being a BCG Associate, McKinsey BA is a plus)
- Experience with higher LTVs and longer sales cycles. Understand how to take customers through a purchase funnel from awareness, to consideration, to genuine interest, to action, and through to referrals
- Be customer obsessed, work directly with sales, join customer meetings, to intimately understand our customer's goals, pain points and aspirations.
- Strong knowledge and direct hands-on experience with all major social media platforms & Google advertising platforms
- Creative problem-solving acumen, with the analytical rigour to verify or invalidate assumptions
- Strong experience conceiving, testing, and optimising ad creatives
- Strong proficiency with Excel and marketing reporting tools
- Comfortable working with analytics systems, including Google Analytics and GTM
- Proven ability to be proactive and scrappy and move fast
- Experience with Hubspot is a nice to have