Expert360: Frontend Chapter Lead
Are you someone who is passionate about building great experiences? Are you curious and have a high attention to detail? Do you enjoy working in tools and frameworks like Design Systems and ReactJS?
Is this person you?
- You are a great communicator
- You are willing to share your ideas in an open setting
- You work well in teams
- You have low ego
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others
About the role
You will lead from the front in regards to how the front-end is designed and implemented, you will be the go to and SME on all things front-end development. You'll work across multi-disciplinary "squads" alongside product managers and designers. Each day will start with a stand-up and will continue with coding, some product planning and collaboration with the other developers.
Our teams are empowered to work autonomously and encouraged to come up with initiatives themselves rather than have tasks set by management. And every few weeks you and your team-mates will have an opportunity to share your work with the whole company.
Expert360 is one of Australia's fastest growing startups, reinventing the way we work. We empower organisations to build, scale and manage flexible, on-demand workforces across tens of thousands of projects.
We are sitting at the forefront of the collaborative economy as well as the most profound changes in the way we work, since the industrial revolution with over 40% of the workforce expected to be in flexible work arrangements by 2021.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Australia's most successful start-ups and play a key role in driving our next stage of growth.
Here’s what we look for
- A talent and appreciation for CSS, it's fundamental to the role alongside a love of JS
- Someone who will collaborate well with Designers and has empathy and understanding for design
- A breadth of knowledge across front-end development disciplines, methodologies, tools and practices - think about the horizontal line in the 'T' shaped person.
- Desirable - Experience with API's either having used them extensively or written or few yourself
- You’re familiar with build pipelines (gulp etc)
- You’re familiar with cross browser quirks and progressive enhancement
- You’ve worked in an agile team focused on user experience
- You’ve built reusable, clean code with performance and simplicity in mind
- Care about testing and have used frameworks like Jest, Puppeteer or Cypress.
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
Extra props for those familiar with:
- Design Systems
- GraphQL and frameworks (e.g. Relay, Apollo or similar)
- An interest or experience with website performance (e.g. using Speedcurve)
Languages and Technology
What’s it like to work at Expert360
At Expert360, we aim to support our team through their mind, body and soul. We have a flexible working environment, including the ability to work from home and remotely.
We give our team opportunities to attend conferences and undertake further training and personal development programs. In addition to these we also run in Tech:
- Weekly shareback sessions over lunch
- Learning Workshops
- Support the Tech Community (e.g. Elixir Sydney, Women Who Code, Codebar, Sydney Crafters)
We believe in sustainable pace and that the best results come from teams that are happy, motivated and have a great work-life balance. We work hard, but we also have great times together. Such as:
- Yoga every fortnight
- Touch footy on Friday mornings
- Bi-monthly company lunch
- Lunch & Learn Sessions
Board games and playstation We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. No matter where you from or what you believe in, we simply ask that you are committed to your role, your colleagues and your work.