Secure Code Warrior - Senior Product Manager
Secure Code Warrior is the global secure coding company that makes software development better and more secure. Our vision is to empower developers to be the first line of defense in their organization by making security highly visible and providing them with the skills and tools to write secure code from the beginning. We have built a powerful platform that moves the focus from reaction to prevention, training and equipping developers to think and act with a security mindset as they build and verify their skills, gain real-time advice and monitor skill development.
Headquartered in Sydney Australia, we're experiencing a period of hypergrowth and backed by our investors Paladin and Airtree. Our customers include Motorola, JPMC, Paypal, Qantas and 20 of the top 100 global banks. With offices in Sydney, London, Boston and Bruges we’re just getting started, and looking for amazing people to join our team across the globe. We value diversity and aim to attract, retain and develop a talented workforce who thrive in a vibrant high performing culture, with a passion for collaboration & people development.
Sr. Product Manager, Sydney
We are looking for a Product Manager that can take the next step with our highly technical, on-premise component for Java and .NET software developers. As our solution currently gathers steam with a select set of initial customers, it is your job to take the solution, make sure the entire business is ready, and successfully release it. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager who wants to take responsibility for bringing the product strategy, market opportunities and customer needs into a solution delivery reality. This position requires a high-energy, lead through influence professional who can work in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will be reporting to the Director of Product based in our Sydney HQ.
What You’ll Do
- Connect business and product strategy with the functional delivery of product solutions solving real world problems.
- Work with each function in the business making sure they can support a global launch of the product.
- Share clear plans and progress transparency to the business on product solutions.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team(s) and stakeholders throughout the delivery cycle and the initial creation of agile / lean artefacts
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
What You Bring
- Proven experience in bringing new solutions to market (must have)
- Previous working experience as a Product Manager working with Agile process and principles for at least 2 years
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Experience in SaaS business model, early-stage companies a plus.
- You will have the technical breadth and depth to understand our products and technology at a granular level and the translation skills to be able to guide the business and engineering teams to successful delivery of solutions to real problems and within company strategy.
- As this solution is (initially) for Java and .NET developers, the more development chops you have, the better.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of humour and fun
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills