Employment Hero: UX/UI Designer
Employment Hero is a genuine disrupter within the HR and Fintech space and we have recently received a capital raise from Seek to accelerate our spot as Australia's first and leading all-in-one HR, Payroll and Benefits Platform.
You'll be part of a dynamic business that challenges the status quo and sets the benchmark for others to follow. We have an open, team-oriented and rewards-based culture where your input is encouraged and your success is rewarded! We're entering an exciting period of growth and we're on the lookout for a standout mid-level level UX/UI Designer to complement our existing team and fulfil our product strategy.
This role will see you join a progressive company at the forefront of HR technology with the opportunity to grow and develop with us. You will be an integral part of a dynamic Product team consisting of Designers, Developers, Engineers and Product experts. The team you'll be joining is smart, ambitious &... quirky!
You'll be working on multiple projects at once, getting exposed to all areas of product design and reporting to our Senior Product Designer, so an ability to quickly hold your own with defining wireframes, mockups, high and low fidelity prototypes would be great. Ideally you'll be someone who is truly passionate about design and wants to progress their UI/UX skills in a small agile start-up style environment.
- Work on a large variety of digital projects across our mobile and web apps
- Produce design concepts and mockups
- Collaboratively help streamline processes to ensure your time is used effectively and within budget
- A natural collaborator that works with team leads to ensure the solution meets brief and program objectives
- Actively participate in team meetings to discuss project parameters and outcomes
- Self-management of time, highly organised, practical and able to ensure project goals are delivered
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years' design agency experience
- Confidence and resilience required to deal with a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to take critique and implement changes
- Understand basic design principles grounded in Human Centered Design and best practices
- Be familiar with and understand the use of design systems
- Sketching, wireframing, rapid prototyping including paper, low fidelity and high fidelity prototypes
- Familiarity with user testing and research with the ability to understand user empathy while gracefully applying it to your designs
- Mac OS, Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and general knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrates the ability to utilise feedback/direction from team leads to generate multiple design explorations
- Careful attention to detail, exceptional communication skills and strong visual communication skills
- Experience in understanding user requirements and breaking down complex problems into manageable units of work
- Willingness to learn, work hard, think outside the box and most of all, have fun doing it!
- Self, health, wealth, happiness programs
- Friday drinks in our fancy in-office bar
- Flexible working arrangements
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Personal training, yoga classes, lunchtime soccer comp
- Access to discounted health insurance plan
- Daily office breakfast and fresh fruit
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- TriBE Employee Benefits Progra