Huddle: UI/UX Designer
An exciting permanent and full-time opportunity for a mid-level UI/UX Designer to join Huddle, a fintech that’s leading a revolution in insurance and helping put community back into finance.
Huddle Insurance is a technology-led leader of the insurance revolution in Australia. We want to turn insurance into a public good, where communities are empowered to form, make decisions and drive positive outcomes for people and the planet.
Over the past few years, we've developed the foundations of our platform. We've secured a huge round of funding from investors that included Airtree Ventures and Channel 7.
Today, the Huddle platform is used by tens of thousands of members to protect their cars, homes and holidays, and provides over $1bn of insurance for our community.
About the position
- You will work closely with the Product Manager to create and improve user stories and translate them into user-centric process flows
- You will assist in research and insight generation around key user pain points
- You will help to create UX deliverables: wireframes, functional specifications, sitemaps, user journeys & flows
- You will create UI elements ready to hand over to developers and assist with integration
- Minimum of 4 years’ of experience in UX/UI design with strong knowledge of responsive design & implementation in websites/applications and mobile apps
- Receive and review briefs
- Experience in Adobe suite and an expert user of Sketch
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a variety of user-centric design solutions, wireframes, mock-ups and/or prototypes
- Managing multiple deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to produce animated gif or SVGs
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS
- Ability to produce occasional documents using tools such as Indesign
- Emerging technologies
- Creative trends
- Design tools
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams
- Fantastic Surry Hills location (a few minutes walk from Central Station)
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Opportunity to participate in share option scheme
- Join a team that’s shaping the world through the power of community