Hyper Anna: Senior UX Designer
About Hyper Anna and our team
We’re a rapidly growing startup in the artificial intelligence space – we’ve had lots of traction, are backed by VCs and we’re poised for a huge 2018. As a part of this, we're looking for great people to help us overachieve on our goals to delight our customers whilst building a sustainable and sticky product. Our team is super switched on yet pretty casual and flexible, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, inclusive environment.
About the opportunity
We're looking for a Senior Designer to entrust with the interesting design challenges involved in creating and growing our AI product. You’ll be working with devs from data science, data engineering, backend, web and UX backgrounds to build Anna, an automated data scientist who is already beginning to transform how businesses use data. You’ll be a huge advocate for user experience best practices and mentoring the team to helping them to put themselves into the shoes of the customer. If Anna was a person, you’d be her communications coach, life mentor and image consultant.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for data, analytics and data-driven decision making
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools (Adobe suite, Sketch, or similar)
- Commercial experience in designing, building and shipping applications or software
- Qualifications in HCI, Design, design computing, data visualization or related disciplines
- A particular understanding or interest in how to best represent and communicate data analysis and insights
- An interest in interaction, visual and UX design
A day in your life will include:
- Contributing to strategic product thinking and refining these concepts into something that creates value for our users every day
- Working closely with designers, engineers and data scientists to deliver solutions that delight
- Running workshops to draw out ideas, then communicate plans and align team members on the vision
- Being involved in the full life-cycle of delivery, from ideation, discovery, prototyping, implementation and testing through to collecting data and feedback on features
You're passionate about new technologies and have a really strong understanding of what makes users tick, backed up by a grasp of the best practices in visual and UI design and development. You know when to obsess over details and when it's time to ship. You love working in a team and helping others to grow with you. You're someone who is laid-back and adaptable but wants to have an impact on the product you're working on.
In return you’ll have the opportunity to join our team at a pivotal stage of our growth! This means you’ll have access to real career opportunities, receive a competitive salary, and work as part of our team in our beautiful, centrally located office.
Hyper Anna is an open and inclusive employer. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.