Hyper Anna: Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
About Hyper Anna and our team:
We’re a rapidly growing startup in the artificial intelligence space – we’ve had lots of traction, are backed by VCs and we’re poised for a huge year. As part of this, we are expanding our engineering team to help us overachieve on our goals while building a sustainable product. Our team is super switched on yet pretty casual and flexible, and we pride ourselves on our diverse, inclusive workplace.
About the opportunity:
Specifically for this role, we’re looking for someone:
- Who delights in building great interfaces for users in the front end and/or for developers in the back end.
- Enjoys leading and mentoring software engineering teams
Desirably, you’ll also be strong in one of the following areas:
- Data: A fan of data science and algorithms, with a deep understanding of big data platforms, data storage and retrieval
- Infra: Love devops and building infrastructure and deployment pipelines that make developers jump for joy
- People: Love building and nurturing teams, getting them aligned and engaged with the challenges of the product, and creating an environment for success
A day in your life will include:
- Being responsible for the development of high performance features, services and algorithms
- Working closely with designers, engineers and data scientists to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Being involved in software and service architecture
- Designing and adopting strong engineering practices
You’re passionate, up to date on new technologies, and have really strong computer science and engineering fundamentals. You know when to obsess over details and when it’s time to ship. You love working in a team and helping others to grow with you. You’re someone who is laid-back and adaptable but wants to have an impact on the product you’re working on.
To be successful in this role you’ll also need to demonstrate the following:
- Commercial experience in at least one of Azure, Ansible and Circle CI or other similar devops, CI and CD infrastructure
- Experience with databases (SQL)
- A solid background in computer science / software engineering skills and knowledge
- A passion for machine learning, data, distributed computing and functional programming
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering or related disciplines
In return you’ll have the opportunity to join our team at a pivotal stage of our growth! This means you’ll have access to real career opportunities, receive a competitive salary, and work as part of our team in our beautiful, centrally located office.
Sound like you?
Applying is easy. Send an email with your resume, website, Github account, links to apps or anything else you’re proud of.
We love to talk all things tech and we are passionate about connecting with awesome people.