Expert360: Site Reliability Engineer
Are you someone who is passionate about building great experiences? Are you someone who takes great pride in your work? Are you passionate about best practises? Do you care about learning and growing your craft? Are you interested in performance and reliability?
We're currently at the edge of Elixir development in Australia and are one of the few companies willing to take on the challenges of building a scalable web application with new technologies including ReactJS, Elixir and GraphQL.
We work in an Agile environment, using a variety of tools and frameworks. We’re rebuilding a legacy application into a new architecture, here’s the tech we are using at the moment:
- Elixir, Phoenix
- Elasticsearch, Postgresql, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- CircleCI, Git, Speedcurve, Datadog
- Node, ReactJS, Jest, Cypress
- Docker, Kubernetes
With a nod to some legacy applications written in Python and PHP which are in the process of being migrated.
If this is you:
- You are a good communicator
- You are willing to share your ideas in an open setting
- You work well in teams
- You have low ego
- You enjoy learning
Expert360 is one of Australia's fastest growing startups. Our marketplace connects over 20,000 consultants to thousands of companies including several household names. It’s not all suits and ties though as we pride ourselves on the diverse and creative team that builds the Expert360 platform and experience.
We're looking for great people who have great ideas and know how to communicate these. As a member of our software engineering team you'll need to know how to code but we're not too fussed about exactly which languages you've used. We believe great developers do more than just code.
About the role
Our new architecture is both exciting and fun to work with, and although it does have it's challenges, you’ll be enabling and collaborating with teams to ensure that our platform is healthy, automated, monitored and performant. You get to help us improve our platform, enable fast delivery, reduce downtime and bring a better platform experience to our customers.
- 4+ years in commercial SRE/devops experience
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Good foundation in network, system and infrastructure
- Experience with Linux
- Coding/scripting experience in at least one language (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Monitoring and troubleshooting skills, identifying incidents
- Experience with dashboards and monitoring tools (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty, Datadog)
- Experience working with Datastores (e.g. Postgresql, MySQL, Redis)
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with systems automation and configuration tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g. docker, kubernetes, mesos, marathon)
Extra props for those familiar with:
- Search systems
- Functional languages or Elixir
- Experience in performance
- Experience with security
What’s it like to work at Expert360
At Expert360, we aim to support our team through their mind, body and soul. We have a flexible working environment, including the ability to work from home and remotely. We give our team opportunities to attend conferences and undertake further training and personal development programs. In addition to these we also run in Tech:
- Weekly shareback sessions over lunch
- Learning Workshops
- Support the Tech Community (e.g. Elixir Sydney, Women Who Code, Codebar, Sydney Crafters)
We believe in sustainable pace and that the best results come from teams that are happy, motivated and have a great work-life balance. We work hard, but we also have great times together.
- Yoga every fortnight
- Touch footy on Friday mornings
- Bi-monthly company lunch
- Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Board games and Playstation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. No matter where you are from or what you believe in, we simply ask that you are committed to your role, your colleagues and your work.
You can also check us out on our Twitter and Blog