Themtic: Senior Front-end Software Developer
We are Thematic, a fast growing SaaS company with offices in Auckland and San Francisco, backed by top-tier VCs and Silicon Valley angels. Thematic analyzes customer feedback to tell companies how they can increase customer satisfaction and loyalty using world-class AI algorithms. We have big name customers in 6 countries who love what we do.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Frontend Developer to lead our front-end efforts. This could be either an individual contributor role, or become an opportunity to lead a team.
What you will be responsible for:
- Own the technical roadmap and architecture for front-end technologies
- Automated testing and quality of front-end web application
- Validation and iteration while implementing UX designs
What you'll bring to the table:
- A passion for building products people love to use
- 5 or more years of experience in web technologies such as Vue, React, Webpack, SCSS; and curiosity to learn more.
- Shipped significant single page apps, individually or as a technical lead
- Strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions; behave like an owner
What you might have, although it's not required:
- Experience building Enterprise level SaaS applications
- Worked in a fast-paced startup environment
- Worked in a distributed team
- Contributed to open-source projects
Thematic is currently a team of 15 but growing quickly. The position is full time permanent, based at our HQ in Auckland CBD.
You will be working with world-class founders:
- Alyona has a PhD in NLP and Machine Learning with an international reputation, and has worked for companies like Google and Cisco.
- Nathan is ex-Chief Architect at Serato, where he built software used by millions of paid users.
- Your work will have a major impact on the direction of the product and team.
- Flexible working hours
- If needed, remote work from home office
- Weekly paid team lunch
- Annual Company retreats (past locations included Hawaii)
- Paid trainings at conferences such as SaaStr, CXPA’s Insight Exchange, Gainsight’s Pulse, Webstock and SmashingConf
- Fantastic career growth and learning opportunity with an exciting company
There is plenty of scope for this role, and it could grow in any number of directions depending on where you excel, where you end will be up to you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.