GlamCorner: Fullstack Senior Ruby Engineer
GlamCorner is a fashion-tech company at its heart with a unique reverse-logistics operation. Our mission is to offer a service that empowers every customer to reduce their individual contribution to landfill by renting clothing for once-off occasions as a sustainable alternative to purchasing and disposing afterwards.
Financially backed by AirTree Ventures, Giant Leap Fund and Marshall Investments, we are going through a rapid and exciting period of growth. As a result of this, we are looking for an exceptional engineer who wants to push the envelope every day and who is passionate about using technology to solve real business needs.
This role will be varied, but some of the things you can expect to do are:
- Actively contribute to weekly team sprints where we’ll discuss and prioritise, triage and ship target deliverables to ensure on-time and on-spec delivery
- Work on a mix of bigger-picture projects and manage spot fires as they arise
- Create new features that our customers can fall in love with and build apps that didn’t exist yesterday for back-end logistics and fulfilment that make our Operations platform more efficient
- Collaborate across all areas of the business and contribute to growth decisions – you’ll be instrumental in enabling your peers to do what they do best!
In addition to joining a company that will change the way Australian women consume fashion, this role is a blank canvas. You’ll have the opportunity build systems from the ground up, be presented with plenty of tech challenges, and slingshot your career to the next level. You’ll also get the chance to work as part of a collaborative and supportive company that will provide plenty of learning and growth opportunities.
If you have the following skills and attributes, you’re the person we’re looking for!
- The ability to build bespoke and user-friendly applications with the latest software development and coding technologies
- Develop highly scalable systems using a variety of tools and languages and multiple open-source technologies
- Define architectural improvements to enable meaningful growth in website traffic and order volumes management
- The ability to manage time and juggle competing priorities while working with the wider team to accomplish business objectives.
- A degree qualification in Computer Science or Software Engineering along with proven experience working as part of team software development efforts with ground-up tech stack design and build experience
- A focus on back-end with sound front-end experience. Mobile app experience would be a big plus
Awesome. Let’s talk! :)