We are looking to add to our Finance and Operations team!
AirTree Ventures is one of the largest and most active venture capital funds in Australia with over $300m to invest and a portfolio of >40 tech companies. We’re also a down-to-earth team with a diverse set of backgrounds but the same passion: startups and technology. Our mission is to find and back the best early-stage startups in Australia and New Zealand and help them achieve their full potential. We have ambitious plans to build a world class VC platform in Aus. This is an opportunity to get involved early and shape AirTee and make an impact on the Aus tech ecosystem
We are pleased to offer:
- A package of between $80k to $100k dependent on experience
- 4 weeks annual leave plus a bonus week of lifestyle and well-being leave
- Flexible working – take advantage of flexible working hours and work from home arrangements.
- Paid parental leave of 6 weeks for the primary carer, (in line with our parental leave policy)
- A supportive return-to-work policy
- annual budget for your training & self-development
In return we’re looking for someone with energy, passion, drive and smarts who would like to work in venture capital. You will become an integral part of our operations team and will be based in Sydney.
Your primary role will be to ensure that AirTree’s accounting function is run efficiently to ensure an excellent experience for all of our stakeholders, these stakeholders include Investors, Partners, Founders, regulatory advisors and the broader AirTree team amongst others. You will be responsible for the accounting of our funds and management company, working closely with our Partner - Finance and Operations, external tax advisors and auditors, and this is only the beginning, we expect that this role will expand over time as we bring more funds and startups into the AirTree Family.
- Management Company Accounting - Accounting for AirTree management company which holds an AFSL licence, including (but not limited to) day to day finances, payroll and internal budgets.
- Fund Accounting - Accounting for the three funds of AirTree Ventures, including month end journals, reconciliations.
- AirTree People - Assisting our Head of Talent with the day to day finance of the recruitment arm of AirTree, including annual budgets, monthly accounts and internal reporting.
- Compliance - working closely with the team and Compliance officer to help ensure that AirTree is at all times compliant with policies and regulations, including AFSL, ESVCLP, AML/KYC, FATCA/CRS.
- Portfolio Reporting - regularly collecting information from our portfolio companies, aggregating it and providing the information to the investment team.
- Audit / Tax - Working closely with our auditors and tax advisors
The person we’re looking for:
- Loves Accounting - has strong accounting and finance skills to support this.
- Good financial modelling skills, efficient at using google docs and excel
- Not afraid of change, we want someone that will monitor, create and implement new and improved processes and reporting.
- Very detailed focused, we are looking for consistent delivery of detailed and accurate reporting.
- Comfortable in busy working environment and capable of managing multiple workflows.
- Strong communicator both internally and externally
- Strong team player
- We will consider a part time role
In terms of your background, it’s likely you are recently qualified 1-3 years’ chartered account experience and have worked in one of these environments before:
- A high growth, dynamic start-up
- Experience in a similar role for a boutique funds management or a successful early stage technology company
Think this describes you? Get in touch!
We’ve found that people who are successful in VC have often already built relationships with people in tech, have lots of drive and are resourceful. So, if you can get introduced to one of us by someone in our network, that’s the best way. We also welcome applications through the link below.
Either way, Please send through your resume along with 100 words on why you want to work in Venture, what super power you can bring to the role and what you want to get out of working for AirTree! Please also include as much info as possible to help us get to know you, this might include your LinkedIn profile, your personal blog, Twitter account etc. - whatever represents you best.
We believe that diversity is critical to AirTree’s success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
We can’t wait to meet you!!